Monday, May 23, 2011

Welcome to Love, Lou

I've decided to join 2011 and start this blog. I've been a creeper on so many other fascinating blogs and am now giving it a whirl myself. I am not sure what exactly my goals are for this, but that goes along with my life's theme at the moment (more on that later.)

So... who am I? I am a twenty-something girl in Pittsburgh. Lou is a nickname my friends and family call me regularly. It makes me feel loved. I am currently not working, which is a struggle (probably MUCH more on that later.) I live with my lovely boyfriend and have a ton of great friends, all of who you will meet in upcoming posts. I'm in the process of improving my life bit by bit. This blog is one way that I hope will help to do that. In some way, I feel as though this blog will help me hold myself accountable for what I do and say on a daily basis.

What else am I doing to improve my life? Aside from the seemingly never-ending job search, three-times-a-week gym trips, photography classes and new library card, I'm taking steps to be a nicer person to everyone. EVERYONE. Mean girl, be gone! Since you don't know me yet, I have a bit of a history of being impulsively mean. I am sarcastic and dry, which sometimes goes too far. I am learning some boundaries and to take a breathe (big, deep, breathe!) before I speak. This is a struggle. I recognize no one is perfect and everyone has things they don't like about themselves, but who are we if we aren't constantly trying to improve? 

Anyway, Welcome to Love, Lou. I hope you stick with me on this journey!

Love,

Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment